- Bev Trayner interviewed for the community of practice on Innovation Mainstreaming at ESFLive. Click here.
- “Online course design from a communities of practice perspective” in E-learn magazine, ACM’s eLearn Magazine, Education and Technology in Perspective, (2006). Click here.
- A social reporter’s toolbox. Click here.
Please write to me, if you would like a copy of any of these articles.
Trayner, B. (forthcoming) “The art of convening complex learning encounters” in Learning in Landscapes of Practices. Open University Press, UK.
Wenger, E., de Laat, M, Trayner B. (forthcoming) “Promoting value creation in networks and communities: assessment framework”. Open University, The Netherlands.
Arnold, P., Smith, J. & Trayner, B. “One more tool – or exploring the practice of introducing new technologies in dispersed communities”, Springer Publishers.
Arnold, P., Smith, J. & Trayner, B. (2009) “Where do we meet next time? – negotiating places, identities and technologies in an autoethnography of a community of practice” Observatorio (OBS*), OberCom, Lisbon,
Arnold, P., Smith, J. & Trayner, B. (2007) “Narrative, community memory and technologies – or writing a literature review in high modernity”. In Community Informatics, Identity and Empowerment, Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Trayner, B., Smith, J. & Bettoni, M. (2007) “Participation in International Virtual Learning Communities: a Social Learning Perspective”. In Web Information Systems and Technologies, Springer Publishers.
Arnold, P., Smith, J., Trayner, B. (2006) “Narrative: designing for context in virtual settings”. In Managing Learning in Virtual Settings: the Role of Context, Figueiredo, A.D. e Afonso, A.P (eds) Hershey, PA: Idea Group, Inc.
Trayner, B. (2004) “Babel in the international café”. In Communities and Technologies, Huysman, M. Wenger, E. Wulf, V. (eds) Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Mavor, S. & Trayner, B. (2003) “Exclusion in international online learning communities”. In Electronic Learning Communities: Current Issues and Best Practices, Reisman, S. (eds) Conneticut: Information Age Publishing.
Trayner, B. Matos, J.P., Silva, A.F. “Comunidades de Pratica: Partilha de Experiências e Saberes” in S@bER+, Revista para o Desenvolvimento da Educação e Formação de Adultos No 15, Dezembro. 2002.
Mavor S., & Trayner, B. “Aligning Genre with Practice: an Interdisciplinary Perspective for Course Design and Teaching in Higher Education”. In International Journal of Languages for Specific Purposes, Vol 20, nº 4, April 2002, Pergamon Press, Elsevier Science.
- Informal conversation with Etienne Wenger about social learning systems while he is in Lisbon
- John Smith asks Beverly how videos in the field affect conversations about practice
- David Wilcox gathers our reflections about social reporting at a conference that took place in Lisbon
- Etienne Wenger, Steve Hutchinson and Bev reflect on a workshop about landscapes of practice